Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Week 1 Review

I now have internet and will be able to update more often...probably more often than I need to! I am here in Uganda and LOVING it. I'm healthy and getting lots of good food and rest. There is way too much to tell! Here are a few adventures I've had so far:

1) Met 4 American girls and spent their last few days in Uganda with them. That made my transition to Africa life much easier!
2) Killed a chicken (more like...watched).
3) Experienced a "Say Yes to the Dress" episode in my living room...Mama Aida rents wedding dresses to brides and we had so much fun getting Beatrice ready!
4) Went to an African wedding. In my Chacos. In the rain (more like hurricane).
5) Started teaching full-time at Covenant Primary School. I teach kindergarten-3rd grade (Reading, Bible, Art, P.E., etc.) and I love it.


Currently the best part of my day is reading to 4 of the Ugandan kids that live with us. We read under my mosquito net every night out of the Jesus Storybook Bible. Oh, I can not think of anything sweeter than kids climbing into bed and asking to be fed God's Word! I am so blessed.

I will update again soon!

2 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear an update from you! We've been thinking of you and praying for you. And...Jenna has plans to follow in your footsteps one day and "go to Africa to help kids who don't have a mommy and daddy." Thanks for expanding our girls' world!

    I'm loving that mental picture of your nightly routine. Precious! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Sounds like a blessing!
    2) Ewwwww chicken! You're brave ;)
    3) Well, you know how much I enjoy Say Yes to the Dress.
    4) I'll bet there was a bit of mud.
    5) Your students will love you, Miss Brown!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete